To produce the highest possible food quality in own section and provide assistance within any area of the Kitchen. All work is carried out in line with the Head Chef guidelines and corporate guidelines, and service concepts..
Responsibilities / Accountabilities
1. Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned through the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant.
2. Follows the instructions and recommendations from the Head Chef to complete the daily tasks.
3. Responsible to supervise junior chefs or Commis in absence of Head Chef
4. Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
5. Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
6. Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
7. Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
8. Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
9. Follows good preservation standards for proper handling of all food products at right temperature.
10. Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
11. Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
12. Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
13. Consults daily with Sous Chef and Executive chef on the daily requirements, functions and also about any last-minute events.
14. Guides and training subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment.
15. Should be able to set example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
16. Carry out any other duties as required by management.
LAW, REGULATIONS AND POLICIES
• Monitors and makes sure the Kitchen department follow all applicable laws
• Monitors and ensures highest levels of guest satisfaction by providing quality guest services and products within corporate standards, especially with regards to food safety and sanitation
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS AND RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
• Fosters and develops effective employee relations within department
• Establishes and maintains effective internal communications
• Encourages team to work in a manner which actively promotes responsible business
• Adopts work methods that actively promote a responsible business culture e.g. turning off lights when not in use/ recycling where ever possible
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported and reduced immediately
• Ensures that emergency procedures are practised and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
• Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others
• Ensures the safety of the people and property within the premises, adhering to existing laws and regulations
• Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct is maintained
• Maintains high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy
• Notifies the Head Housekeeper regarding lost and found objects. If the object is considered as valuable, needs to be hand it to the Front Office Manager
• Attends meetings and training required by the Sous Chef
• Ensures guest satisfaction by attending to their requests and inquires courteously and efficiently
• Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to restaurant guests
• Maintains own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape; reports defective materials and equipment to the Head Chef
• Ensures accurate and timely communication with other departments
• To comply with all Company Rules out lined in the Staff Handbook
• To report for duty punctually, wearing clean and pressed uniform with name badge as per company standard
High School (A Levels)
Does not matter
Does not matter
Male Applicant only
||Will be Provided
Does not matter
to Apply Notes:
||Register CV on www.gulfjobseeker and apply online. To meet with HR for consultation Walk in with Certificates and Passport Copy at Bur Dubai Burjuman Metro Station Next to Dubai Islamic Bank above Brands for Less Showroom 2nd Floor Office No 208 Timing 10 AM to 8 PM